International Girls Ministries http://www.girlsministries.org/
- Chartering your Girls Ministries is FREE. Charter here: www.girlsministries.org/chartering
- Stay connected with other Girls Ministries leaders with Insight. Sign up here. Click here to subscribe. http://www.girlsministries.org/insight
- To order curriculum visit Pathway Bookstore. http://www.pathwaypress.org
- Training for Girls Ministries Leaders is available through the Counselor Enrichment Training Course (CETC). Click here to order http://www.pathwaypress.com/category/30/ministryresources
- Curriculum – Select and order curriculum for your leaders and girls. The Church of God Girls Ministries curriculum is fresh, relevant, and updated. The newest update is the Year 1 and Year 2 Joy Belles material. It can be purchased by the year or separately in 13 week packets. All Girls Ministries material is marketed through Pathway Press. Click here to order. http://www.pathwaypress.com
- Reporting can be done by mail and are due the 5th of each month. You can fill out the report form and mail to:
Church of God State Office
Attn: Girls Ministries
PO Box 1060
Park Hills, MO 63601
Dowload the monthly report form here: http://www.girlsministries.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Local-Monthly-Report-Form.pdf
Other Helpful Links:
Girls Ministries Brochure: http://www.girlsministries.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Girls-Ministries-BROCHURE-2UP.jpg
Prayer Mother Brochure: http://www.girlsministries.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Prayer-Mothers-BROCHURE-2UP.jpg
Frequently asked questions:
1. Which curriculum do I need to order to get started?
Go to Clubs and at the beginning of each club’s page, there will be instructions on what you need to order as well as a description of the curriculum and free download lesson samples. Also see “How to Begin.”
2. What the Club Divisions?
Little Sweethearts (preschool, ages 3-5)
Bluebelles (grades 1-3, ages 6-8)
Joy Belles (grades 4-6, ages 9-12)
YLM or Teen Girls Ministries (grades 7-12, ages 13-18)
3. What are merit studies?
Merit studies are individual Bible-based studies that can usually be completed in one class period, however, some may require more time. The merit studies are in addition to the achievement curriculum and come with a badge. Merit Studies are included in the mentor’s guides for both “BB Girl: Fashioned by God” and “Joy Belles Faith Journey” curricula. There are suggested places to use the merit studies in the curriculum and the teacher is able to review the studies. Merit Studies will need to be ordered per student. Once the student completes the study, the mentor will award her with the badge to be placed on a backpack or sash.
4. What do I need to order if I have a mixed age group of girls?
Many churches find themselves in this situation. If the majority of your girls fall into the 6-10 year old range with maybe one or two older ones, it may be best to use the Bluebelles curriculum (for grades 1-3). If the majority are in the older age group, you may be able to use the Joy Belles curriculum. Please note that girls must be able to fully read and write in order to benefit from the Joy Belles curriculum which is developed for 4th-6th graders. Sample lessons are provided for free download on each club’s page for your review. If the age range is too diverse, you may need to find a more inclusive program along the lines of a children’s church curriculum.
5. Do I need to do every activity/game/craft, etc. in the lesson?
No. The curriculum is a tool for you to use. The most important aspect is to teach the girls the main thing which is the lesson. Everything else is subject to your discretion. Some churches have one and a half hours where others may only have 45 minutes. Use what works best for you and your allotted time.
6. Why are there only 36 lessons per year in Bluebelles and Joy Belles?
Because the curricula allows for special occasions such as Christmas, Easter and other special church events when you may be taking a “break” from regular class. Also merit studies are included in both BB Girl and Joy Belles curriculum. These are additional studies to the 36 lessons.
7. Is there a Girls Clubs uniform?
Not a formal one. Most churches design their own T-shirts, using their church name and purchase iron-on club transfers (available from Pathwaybookstore.com or calling 1-800-553-8506). Girls can wear jeans with the T-shirts. You may also want to incorporate sashes (for badges).
8. How do I display the girls’ badges?
There is a sash pattern available and book bags for Little Sweethearts, Bluebelles, and Joy Belles (Pathway Press). For sashes, it is recommended to use a cotton blend material. Do not use anything with spandex or polyester because the fabric will not hold its shape due to continuous use (girls putting them on and taking them off). Badges will need to be sewn on.
9. Do we have to be chartered before we can start Girls Clubs?
No, you do not have to be chartered to begin. However, it would be good to charter as soon as you can. Chartering is offered for free online. Go to Resources, Chartering. One of the benefits of chartering your club is that you become an official member of International Girls Ministries in the Church of God. A charter certificate will be sent to your State/Regional Girls Ministries Coordinator so she can sign and record the information. She will send it to you for your pastor’s signature. You can frame and display your charter certificate in the classroom. Membership cards can also be requested and given to each girl (on the charter request form, free).
Another benefit is many State/Regional Coordinators give incentives for Club Awards at State/Regional girls events if the club is chartered.
10. Do I have to be certified (Mentor Enrichment Training Course) in order to teach?
No, you do not have to be certified but we recommend you order the Mentor Enrichment Training Course for your Girls Clubs mentors. The course includes the Church of God Statement of Faith and other facts, Prayer Mother Ministry, Age Level Characteristics, Ministry to abused girls, resources and more. The course is self-study at your own pace but can also be done as a group study. It is recommended you finish the study within two months (if a self-study). Many State/Regional Girls Ministries Coordinators also give incentives for Club Awards to those who have certified mentors. Notebooks are $20 each and can be ordered from Pathway Press.
11. Our teen girls are in youth group. Is there something else besides curriculum they may benefit from?
Yes. We offer the Teen Girls Book Club (listed under Clubs) that provides an online Bible study portal. Books are listed and may be ordered from Pathway Press. Each book comes with a passcode (protected site) which allows girls access to the chapter discussion questions which she will journal. At the end of the study, a project proposal is offered. Girls may select a project and when finished, submit a description of their project and upload images on the form provided. This will be posted on a community board to share.